Department: Teller Operations, Sales & Marketing
Job Description: Provides basic cash receipt and payment services including a variety of customer savings, checking and credit account transactions, in accordance with financial institution procedures. Bank Secrecy Act In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and all other regulatory, security and bank policies. Physical /Work Conditions In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable employee accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis. While performing duties the employee is required to sit, talk, hear, lift up to 20 lbs., and may be required to work evenings and/or weekends, attend remote meetings and/or to travel. Company Conformance In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Other Duties This job description in no way should be construed as a contract for employment. These job duties may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Teller Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Is responsible for comprehensive, prompt and efficient customer transactions.
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement, and enters deposits into computer records.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Promotes and explains other financial institution services such as online and mobile banking, consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates of deposit, and safe deposit boxes.
- Receives mortgage, consumer loan and other payments and ensures the payments match balances due. Enters payments into computer. Generates customer receipts.
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Counts, checks and packages coins and currency.
- Balances cash drawer at the end of the shift and compares totaled amounts to computer-generated proof sheet. Reports any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Ensures that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Reports malfunctions of teller terminals and other equipment used at the teller station.
- Assists with ATM processing.
- Is responsible for checking night depository bags and recording proper information on the financial institution’s forms.
- Assists in the bank-by-mail function.
- Other duties as assigned. Farmers National Bank of Lebanon Preferred Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of in-house training program or other approved training program.
- Good interpersonal communication and computer skills
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as adding machines, copiers, and typewriters.