Position title: WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Company Name: Taylor County School District
Location of job: Campbellsville Ky
Ensures all students within Taylor County Schools have the opportunity to embrace early career opportunities, work ethic certification, and develop work readiness skills.
- Develops and unites a team focused on the future of workforce development in schools.
- Develops, leads, and implements innovative programming, such as career pathways and alternative options for students.
- Supervises career pathways, Taylor County Career Academy, and Vocational Rehab.
- Provides a leadership role in district-wide career center curriculum planning and training for staff and students.
- Provides assistance to building instructional staff in innovative programming to support student achievement.
- Provides leadership with district wide behavioral intervention and response.
- Guides individual professional development experiences for staff related to workforce development.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing innovation plans and assists district and schools in the planning and implementation of effective programs.
- Conducts research about advancements in innovation and alternative programming and resources to inform decision-making.
- Gathers and disseminates information relevant to innovative programming.
- Coordinates innovative apprenticeship/mentoring opportunities connecting our students and staff to our community based business and industry.
- Keeps current with educational developments and the literature in the field of innovative program options and participates in the local, state and national professional societies devoted to the advancement of workforce development.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Superintendent.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: Associates Degree and two years increasingly responsible experience in job placement, employment development, personnel administration or related field.
LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:220 days