As Christ has commanded that we love our neighbors as ourselves, we are committed to providing a loving and safe environment for all of Campbellsville University Students. The aim of this committee is to work collaboratively across campus to assist faculty, staff, and students in creating an atmosphere that allows for positive and transformative interactions and a celebration of difference. We understand that part of what it means to be an inclusive community is to allow those less powerful an opportunity to speak out, while encouraging those who have power to listen.
- Serve as a resource for our campus.
- Initiate programs and conversations aimed at expanding our understanding of diversity and inclusion.
- Assist administration in making Campbellsville a welcome and inclusive community for students from all walks of life.
To achieve these goals this committee will work to:
- Continue Campbellsville University’s annual tradition of holding a Dialogue on Race during the month of October.
- Assist Campbellsville University in being proactive in it hiring and recruitment of diverse personnel and students.
- Be proactive in creating a diverse curriculum.
- Be deliberate in creating campus activities that includes a celebration of diverse backgrounds.
Campbellsville University will be a welcoming and inclusive community centered on Christ’s
commandments that we love God and love our neighbor. Campbellsville University will be an academic environment that fosters learning by welcoming a civil and open exchange of ideas. Campbellsville University will be a campus that demonstrates loving one’s neighbor by celebrating diversity and seeking inclusion rather than retreating from it.
The diversity mission of Campbellsville University is to foster awareness and understanding of diverse perspectives across all aspects of the institution vital to education, while affirming the dignity, value, and uniqueness of each individual regardless of personal differences. In this 21st Century, the commitment to diversity strengthens students and the broader community towards diverse citizenship, a pluralistic society, and global economy. Campbellsville University embraces diversity as integral to a caring, Christ-centered community of learners.