Campbellsville University’s Bachelor of Science (or B.S.) in Educational Ministries prepares men and women for a career in biblical education.
Our rigorous curriculum nurtures faith through ministry, psychology, and church recreation, readying graduates for an educational role in a local congregation. With the educational ministries degree, our goal is to train future teachers and missionaries in Christ. Graduates may become youth pastors, college ministers, counselors, and social workers.
- All Locations
Educational Ministries Degrees
To equip the student to nurture faith in a local setting, Campbellsville’s Educational Ministries Major requires:
- 12 hours of biblical language study (B.A. only), including New Testament Greek, Old Testament Hebrew, or an Approved Modern Language.
- 18-hour Christian Studies Core must also be completed. This six-course area includes Christian Theology, Church History, Spiritual Formation, Art of Reading the Bible, a Christian Studies internship, and an upper-level Old or New Testament course.
- 21 hours of upper-level prerequisites must be selected from four modules, with courses spanning educational ministries, educational ministries electives, psychology, and church recreation electives.
Campbellsville also offers two further options in Educational Ministries: Educational Ministries Area (57 hrs), which includes the 18-hour CHS core, 21 hours of Educational Ministries courses, 9 hours of related studies in Psychology, and 12 hours additional Christian Studies courses; Educational Ministries Minor (27 hrs), which includes the 18-hour Christian Studies Core and 9 hours of upper-division Educational Ministries coursework. For the student who chooses the Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree, 12 hours of Biblical language study are required.
Careers in Educational Ministries
- Director of Christian Education
- Director of Family Ministries
- Ministries Director
- Educational Programs Director
- Program Coordinator
- Child Life Specialist
- Youth Pastor
- Children's Ministry Director
- Christian School Principal
- Missions Executive
- College Educator
School of Theology
The Mission of the School of Theology is to Produce World Changers for Christ. We carry out this task with a wholehearted response of gratitude, worship, and stewardship to God as revealed in Jesus Christ.Learn More