The mission of the English as a Second Language Institute (ESLI) is teaching English to non-native speakers of English. The ESLI’s mains goal is to equip students admitted to the undergraduate and graduate programs of Campbellsville University with the English skills necessary to be successful within their chosen programs of study.
ESL – English as a Second Language Degrees
View a list of courses and descriptions you’ll be taking.
Program Cost – ESL Campbellsville Main Campus
(1 Year or 2 Semesters)
It is our mission to make Campbellsville affordable for all students. Below, we’ve outlined the basic costs of attending the ESL Institute in the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Tuition and Fees – $9,500
- Housing/Meals (N/S Hall [W], Stapp) – $8,000
- Health Insurance (required) – $1,450
- Books and supplies (estimation) – $1,000
Ask us about the ESL International Discount up to $6,000. Send an email to email@example.com.
Program Cost – ESL Louisville Center
If you are older than 24 years old, or have relatives living in Louisville, we offer the ESL Program at our Louisville Education Center. Please send us an email to know more about our costs: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TESL Certificate Credit – Undergraduate Students
With this certificate you can teach anywhere in the world!
- Five (5) courses – ALL ONLINE – 13 credit hours total
- Three (3) in the fall and 2 in the spring.
Please send us an email to know more about TESL Certificate: email@example.com
- TSL/ED 240 – Language and Culture
- TSL/ED 250 – TESL Assessment and Testing
- TSL/ED 340 – L2 Acquisition and the Skill Set
- TSL/ED 440 – Applied Linguistics and English Grammar
- TSL/ED 460 – TESL Methods and Materials for P-12 Teaching*
*30 observation hours are necessary to earn the TESL Certificate.
“I am currently waiting to go on the mission field. I am going to Brazil to teach ESL at a Christian school called Amazon Valley Academy. I am going through a mission organization called Network of International Christian Schools. This mission organization only hires people with a bachelor degree and only certified teachers. Without my ESL certification I wouldn’t have this opportunity! I hope this encourages those that are in the ESL certification/endorsement program and also sparks interest in other students!”
– Christie Bagley, 2008 C.U. Graduate
Careers in ESL
- ESL Teacher
- Abroad ESL Teacher
- Traveling ESL Teacher
- Elementary School Teacher
- Middle School Tracher
- ESL College Instructor