Campbellsville University’s Medical Assistant (NCMA) program is an advanced curriculum in administrative and clinical procedures.
Medical Assistant graduates are qualified to handle a range of tasks in a healthcare office environment, whether for physicians, chiropractors, or podiatrists. Medical Assistant responsibilities can vary depending on the location, size of the practice, and medical specialty. They may record patient information, take vital signs, give injections, prepare blood for laboratory testing, or schedule future appointments.
With small classes (max. 10 students) and affordable tuition — which includes textbooks, a supply kit, national exam fee, drug screen, background check, and malpractice insurance — this six-month, intensive program is a quick and high-quality path to medical assistant certification. We are also accredited by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). To be admitted into the Medical Assistant program, candidates must be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or GED, pass a drug test, and complete a criminal background check.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), medical assistant employment is predicted to grow 29 percent between 2012 and 2022, which is much faster than average. In 2012, medical assistants held around 560,800 positions, and were paid a median annual wage of $29,370 ($14.12 an hour). The majority of these jobs are found in physicians’ offices and various healthcare facilities. As the baby boomer generation ages and requires more medical care, physicians will employ more assistants so they can take on more patients. Approximately 162,900 Medical Assistant jobs will be created during this time, making a medical assistant certification all the more valuable.
Medical Assistant Degrees
- May 29, 2019-December 20, 2019 MWF 1-4pm
- August 13, 2019-February 28, 2020 Tu/Th 9am-3pm
- September 16, 2019- July 10, 2020 M/W 5-8pm
- October 14, 2019-May 15, 2020 MWF 1-4pm
- August 19, 2019- December 20, 2019 MWF 9am-12pm (CST)
- April 2, 2019-January 7, 2020 Tu/Th 5-8pm
- August 5, 2019-March 20, 2020 MWF 1-4
- October 14, 2019- August 7, 2020 M/W 5-8pm
- April 2, 2019- October 3, 2019 Tu/Th 9am-3pm
- June 10, 2019- January 6, 2020 MWF 1-4pm
- October 8, 2019 – July 17, 2020 Tu/Th 1-4
- November 12, 2019 – August 28, 2020 Tu/Th 5-8-pm
- May 14, 2019
- Aug. 12, 2019
- Oct. 14 2019
- April 8, 2019-November 1, 2019 MWF 1-4
- August 5, 2019-March 13, 2020 MWF 9-12
- October 7, 2019- May 8, 2020 MWF 5-8pm
Cost includes: tuition, malpractice insurance, textbook, workbook, background check, drug screen, medical assistant supply kit and NCCT exam.
Tuition may be made in monthly installments of $400.00 each payment. Non- Refundable deposit of $400.00 is due at registration and will be considered your first months payment. Must have a high school diploma or GED and be 18 years of age, no felony charges and must be able to pass a drug screen test.
- Clinical will be later in course and will be 8 hour days.
- Only 10 students will be accepted per class
For more information contact:
Christie Minor (270) 789-5393, email@example.com
Contact us for Grant opportunities!
Careers in Medical Assisting
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant/Hygienist
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse
- Medical Records and Health Information Technician
- Nursing Assistant and Orderly
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Psychiatric Technician
- EKG Technician
- Claims Examiner
Allied Health Careers
The Campbellsville University Allied Health Program is designed to help those interested in pursuing a career in the medical field by offering specialized and in-demand certificate programs.Learn More