Assistant Director of Human Resources
Admin – Human Resources
Open Until Filled
Supervised by the Director of Human Resources, the Assistant Director of Human Resources will perform a variety of services related to the College benefit programs, employee orientation and training processes, employee relations and data analytics.
- Lead new employee orientation, mandatory training, and development programs from the point of hire through progressive professional growth and/or skill maintenance for staff and administrative faculty
- Develop, implement and evaluate employee education programs. Work with other College departments to develop and present a coordinated and effective training experience. Prepare related research and information for the Director of Human Resources for planning and program development and improvement.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs. Interpret and advise staff, faculty and administration regarding personnel policies.
- Answers requests of position descriptions, FLSA classification compliance, and departmental hiring needs. Assist departments with the development or updating of all position descriptions, to include department, supervisor, hours per week, a clear list of responsibilities, qualifications needed for the position, and expectations of employee performance; assure uniformity of job descriptions; manage all position postings in a database. Benchmarks compensation as well as advise of the classification of exempt/non-exempt employees
- With the Director, coordinate and monitor the processing of information related to employment such as hires, promotions, transfers, leaves of absence, salary adjustments, terminations and retirements, and exit interviews
- Keep current with industry trends and other pertinent information on each benefit program assigned, retain accurate files on benefit provider/carriers regarding plan descriptions, contracts, amendments and other benefit related documents, and maintain relationship with fringe benefit providers.
- Coordinates benefit plan open enrollment, communicates with employees and retirees regarding benefit programs; including orientation, exit processes and insurance claims
- Works directly with carriers for specific inquiries or claims that require higher escalation than general inquires or claims
- Maintain accurate and complete personnel files on employees
- Coordinate the evaluation process for faculty and staff annually.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge of employee benefit plan administration
- Familiarity with Federal and State human resources regulations, including FMLA, ADA, COBRA, ERISA, Workers’ Compensation and others
- Strong understanding of principles, practices, methods and terminology used in human resources administration
- Competency using interpersonal skills with tact, patience and courtesy
- Ability to work confidentially with discretion
- Ability to work independently with little direction
- Compose correspondence and prepare reports independently and from oral instructions
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- PHR certification preferred
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
Please send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references as a single electronic file to:
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374-4095
801 National Road West
Richmond, IN 47374