WHAS11 in Louisville, KY is seeking a creative and engaging full-time Multi-Skilled Host and Contributing MSJ for its daytime lifestyle/sales show “Great Day Live.” This role includes participating in all aspects of broadcast and digital production, including generating ideas for show segments, setting up guests, conducting on-air interviews, writing and producing on-air and digital packages, interacting with clients and supporting overall content production. The successful candidate must carry out a variety of responsibilities and work well in a busy, fast-paced environment. Being a talented storyteller is vital, along with the ability to create unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing.
- Co-host a daily lifestyle show.
- Create story and segment ideas, write, shoot and edit stories for on-air broadcast.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Use the latest multimedia tools to tell great stories, and write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Work with the sales team and local clients in creating live or pre-produced sales segments, and develop mutually beneficial relationships with clients.
- Coordinate and schedule pre-produced sales segments that might require travel to local businesses.
- Work with community advocates to highlight their contributions positively impacting the area.
- Develop contacts throughout the community to identify brand-appropriate stories and contribute daily through the editorial process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- Journalist and/or Mass Communication degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as on-air host, or similar on-air duties.
- Experience working with digital and social media tools in a professional environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects effectively under deadline pressure.
- A personal style that promotes effective communication and professional relationship-building.
- Excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement.
- Ability & willingness to cultivate sources.
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, metrics-informed story pitches.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Strong organization and time management.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 47 television stations and two radio stations in 39 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 35 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA delivers results for advertisers through unparalleled and innovative solutions including OTT local advertising network Premion, centralized marketing resource Hatch, and G/O Digital, a one-stop shop for local businesses to connect with consumers through digital marketing. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.