Position: Social Service Worker I & Family Support Specialist I
Company: DCBS (Department for Community Based Services)
Description: The Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) provides family support, child care assistance and child and adult protection; determines Medicaid and nutrition assistance eligibility; and provides low income households with a means to meet their home energy needs. The department runs the state foster care and adoption system and recruits and trains parents to care for the state’s children who are waiting for permanent homes.
- Benefits – Insurance, Retirement, Pension, Leave & Holidays
- Compensation – Pay is received twice monthly; option to accrue paid or compensatory leave for overtime
- Diversity – Safe, Positive & Nurturing Environment
- Rewards – Employee Suggestion System, Discounts, Service Certificates, etc.
- State Service – The Commonwealth, the state’s largest employer, offers team members a satisfying career in civil service.
- Training – Variety of Opportunities for Professional Growth
- Wellness – We provide a number of resources and tools to assist team members, benefit recipients and waivers who are trying to create a healthy workplace.
Eligibility Family Support Specialist I – Must complete two years (54 semester hours) from a college or university. Administrative work, clerical office work and /or dealing with the public will substitute for up to one year of the required college.
Social Service Worker I – Must be a graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in social work, sociology, psychology, marriage and family therapy or a related field
How to Apply
Click on: Search & Apply
Job Seeker Overview – Four Steps
Step 1: Create a New Account in COS
Step 2: Complete the COS Job Application
Step 3: Search for Vacant Jobs
Step 4: Apply to Jobs
When applying for the Family Support Specialist I and
Social Service Worker I positions; you will need to click
on “immediate fill” and then apply.
445 HWY 44 East, Suite 208
Shepherdsville, KY, 40165
Phone: (502) 543-0814