The purpose of the Student Advisor (SA) is to monitor and communicate with students in order to retain them and ensure that they successfully progress through their educational programs. The Student Advisor follows designated standard operating policies for their assigned students to build and maintain student relationships, performs proactive and reactive communication, facilitates degree planning, and manages student documentation. The Student Advisor is knowledgeable of the academic programs of study offered at their designated school, in the online format. This position reports to a Retention Manager
How you will make an impact:
- Work with students to develop personalized plans to successfully complete academic goals.
- Build relationships with students by completing advising appointments and recording information in the student’s CRM profile.
- Follows department workflow, school specific workflow and additional workflow items as directed by Retention Team Lead or Retention Manager.
- Reviews and updates information collected from advising appointments of new students to help identify strengths and challenges for college readiness and motivation which drives adaptive communication strategy.
- Reviews and adjusts work tasks/prioritization based on self-compliance report checks and through discussion with Senior SA or Retention Team Lead.
- Assist students with setting and maintaining personal and educational goals.
- Monitor Retention Trait Check activity, to include but not limited to student performance, class participation, goals as well as student communication patterns for assignment of retention risk status.
- Complete communication efforts according to a contact strategy for assigned retention status.
- Maintain student record management detailing student demographic information, registration information, and all communication records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are looking for people who:
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Desired: Bachelor’s degree with one to three years of academic advising experience.
- Learning Management systems, preferably Moodle, Blackboard, or Canvas.
- CRM software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- This position may require travel up to 5%.