Job Title: Custodian
Department/Area: Physical Plant
Location: Main Campus
Travel Required: No
HR Contact: Terry VanMeter
External posting URL: www.campbellsville.edu
Internal posting: Human Resources Board
Applications Accepted By:
Fax or E-mail: (270)-789-5180
Subject Line: Custodian
Attention: Terry VanMeter
Mail: Director of Human Resources
1 University Drive UPO 944
Campbellsville, KY 42718
· High school education or equivalent.
· Knowledge of and experience with custodial machines (buffer, extractor, floor machines, etc)
· Knowledge of housekeeping supplies and their use.
· Sufficient physical strength to permit the lifting and moving of heavy objects is required.
· Housekeeping duties: mopping, sweeping, dusting, emptying trash receptacles, scrubbing bathrooms, etc.
· Keeping the university facilities as clean as possible.
· Will assist in setting up for banquets, convocation, graduation, homecoming and other special events on campus. This involves loading and unloading tables, chairs, etc. May also be asked to work during these events after regular hours.
· Will work home basketball and football games in rotation with other custodial employees, unless prior arrangements have been made
· Assist with ‘non-custodial” duties when needed, i.e. policing grounds, moving furniture, pulling up carpet, etc.
The regular operating hours for the Physical Plant Department are Monday through Friday, 7 am to 4 pm, Eastern Time.
Campbellsville University, a comprehensive Christian institution offering undergraduate (associate and baccalaureate) and graduate (master's level) programs, stresses academic excellence solidly grounded in the liberal arts, personal growth, integrity, and fellowship within a caring environment. Affiliated with the Kentucky Baptist Convention, Campbellsville University is centrally located in the heart of Kentucky and has been listed in US News and World Report as one of “America’s Best Colleges” for 18 consecutive years. The University seeks to prepare students to enrich their own lives through lifelong learning, to contribute to their respective disciplines through continued scholarship, and to advance society as Christian servant leaders. An employee of Campbellsville University is expected to participate in the life of a local church in keeping with the spirit of the institutional mission statement and core values. The individual employee is expected to conduct him, or herself, both on campus and off, in a manner becoming an employee of a Christian institution, and the employee should uphold the highest standards of conduct in terms of honesty, truthfulness, respectful attitude, and conduct toward others. Each individual associated with Campbellsville University is to perform his or her daily responsibilities mindful of the intent of the institutional mission statement and core values.