Campbellsville University’ Louisville Education Center is seeking a part-time Office Assistant to support the CU Louisville Center’s daily operations. Successful applicants must possess demonstrable organizational and communication skills and have the ability multi task and prioritize tasks assigned by the director and other staff/faculty. Successful applicants must have excellent typing and computer skills, as well as experience with various office software and equipment. Previous secretarial experience highly preferred. Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate interpersonal as well as intercultural communication skills due to the diverse population of students this position helps to service. The Office Assistant will be expected to provide high quality services befitting the Christian mission of the university.
Job Title: Office Assistant
Department/Area: CU Louisville Education Center
Location: Louisville, KY
Travel Required: No
· Minimum of an Associate degree and appropriate experience, bachelor’s degree and experience preferred.
· The Office Assistant should have an exceptional commitment to Christian higher education.
· A background of active church participation is desirable.
· Competency in administrative duties with skills in using multi-line telephones, office equipment including computers, printers, scanner, and Microsoft Office Suite software.
· Have the ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and uncomplicated manner.
· Have an outgoing, energetic, and enthusiastic personality, be a “self-starter,” and maintain the highest standards of conduct, appearance, and attitude.
· Have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
· Greet and assist with high quality customer service all visitors to the CU Louisville Education Center.
· The Office Assistant will coordinate and distribute mass mail and email communication from the Louisville Education Center to the CU current and prospective student population in accordance with center enrollment management initiatives.
· The Office Assistant will check daily the CU Louisville general mailing systems (electronic and regular mail) and respond to or forward communication to CU staff/faculty where appropriate.
· The Office Assistant will answer the main CU Louisville phone line and assist callers with inquiries and/or transfer calls to the proper staff/faculty members or university office(s).
· The Office Assistant will assist to answer basic questions or provide initial information and instructions about university admissions and programs. Maintain a general familiarity with center degree programs advertised from the CU Louisville Education Center.
· All CU Louisville staff positions are responsible for maintaining data integrity. Working closely with the other members of the CU Louisville staff to ensure processes are completed accurately and timely and student information in the university database is up to date.
· The Office Assistant will monitor and review CU Louisville staff calendars and where appropriate schedule appointments for students and university/community stakeholders to meet with the Vice President, Director, Enrollment and Faculty advisors.
· The Office Assistant will work to organize and plan, in conjunction with CU Louisville staff, new student orientation sessions at the beginning of each student intake.
· The Office Assistant will be responsible for general office work to include, but not be limited to, creating new faculty files, assisting to maintain the CU Louisville physical and electronic filing system, photocopying, ordering supplies, completing purchase orders, and editing.
· The Office Assistant will oversee CU Louisville staff meeting agenda development, organization, and ensure communication is made to CU Louisville staff regarding updates to the agenda prior to upcoming meetings.
· The Office Assistant will aid in the oversight of the CU Louisville Center’s web presence through social media and webpage content specific to the Louisville Education Center, its activities with enrollment management and outreach for students, faculty and staff.
· Provide assistance in greeting, registering, and assisting visitors during special Louisville Education Center-related events on campus.
· Perform other assigned duties and take the initiative in helping other people and in promoting Campbellsville University.
· Support the Vice President for Graduate and Professional Studies with daily activities, correspondences, meeting organization, etc.
· Adhere to all Campbellsville University policies and procedures.
Campbellsville University, a comprehensive Christian institution offering undergraduate (associate and baccalaureate) and graduate (master's level) programs, stresses academic excellence solidly grounded in the liberal arts, personal growth, integrity, and fellowship within a caring environment. Campbellsville University is centrally located in the heart of Kentucky and has been listed in US News and World Report as one of “America’s Best Colleges” for 18 consecutive years. The University seeks to prepare students to enrich their own lives through lifelong learning, to contribute to their respective disciplines through continued scholarship, and to advance society as Christian servant leaders. An employee of Campbellsville University is expected to participate in the life of a local church in keeping with the spirit of the institutional mission statement and core values. The individual employee is expected to conduct him, or herself, both on campus and off, in a manner becoming an employee of a Christian institution, and the employee should uphold the highest standards of conduct in terms of honesty, truthfulness, respectful attitude, and conduct toward others. Each individual associated with Campbellsville University is to perform his or her daily responsibilities mindful of the intent of the institutional mission statement and core values.