· Have an exceptional commitment to Christian higher education.
· A background of active church participation and affiliation is required.
· Have a minimum of a baccalaureate degree.
· Two years of recent college admissions, sales, telemarketing, and/or counseling experience are desirable.
· Have excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and uncomplicated manner.
· Have an outgoing, energetic, and enthusiastic personality, be a "self-starter" and “self-motivator” and maintain the highest standards of conduct, appearance, and attitude.
· Have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision, the willingness to travel extensively and must have time availability for evening and weekend work hours.
· Have excellent organizational skills, result minded, goal oriented, team player, a strong sense of initiative and proven-successful leadership skills.
· Ability to remain focused in a fast paced environment and be detail oriented.
· Position requires extensive travel for recruitment. If University vehicle is not available, a dependable vehicle is a must.
· Ability to interact via social media and web-based communication.
· Plan and implement student recruitment programs and related activities assigned by the Director of Graduate and Professional Studies Enrollment Management. Participate actively in developing effective recruitment strategies.
· Manage a recruiting territory and be responsible for students in the recruitment area assigned.
· Be responsible for all recruiting activities ((i.e. organizing a schedule for attending fairs, communication with students and networks, developing and maintaining relationships with local business and industries, etc.) within assigned recruitment area.
· Assume responsibility for meeting recruitment goals assigned as well as assist other recruiters with their respective goals.
· Follow-up on all assigned prospective students and applicants to further develop their interest in the university.
· Submit a weekly contact and travel report to the Director of Graduate and Professional Studies Enrollment Management.
· Represent Campbellsville University during visits to or participation in community and junior colleges, churches, college fairs, student conferences, career and job fairs, businesses, and other appropriate meeting or events to recruit students, to provide useful information and assistance to prospective students, and to promote Campbellsville University with specifics to the Louisville Center.
Submit an event evaluation to the Director of Graduate and Professional Studies Enrollment Management after each recruitment event.
· Encourage and facilitate campus visits by prospective students and applicants. Implement Campbellsville University’s admissions policies and procedures to properly handle such visits.
· Prepare letters, e-mails, text messages, newsletters, and other types of correspondence for prospective students and applications. Conduct telemarketing operations. Respond to mail, e-mail, online and telephone inquiries in a timely and professional fashion.
· Interview students both on-and-off campus (and by telephone) and speak to student groups about properly selecting a school and gaining admission.
· Obtain student documentation needed by applicants to gain admission to the university. Implement university policies concerning new student admission in compliance with both highest professional and accrediting agency standards.
· Facilitate information flow to the university database of prospects and applicants, regarding acceptance, registration, schedules and other student services.
· Coordinate with the Business Office, Registrar’s Office, Book Store, registration and other student service functions to assist with the student enrollment
· Provide financial aid information to applicants requesting financial assistance.
· Perform duties required to register a student for enrollment in respective university terms/semesters.
· Endeavor to develop and maintain a strong and effective working relationship with the administration, deans, staff, faculty, students, and alumni of Campbellsville University to strengthen recruitment and retention programs.
· Attend staff meetings and other functions relevant to the duties and goals of the position.
· Work with federal/state/local government agencies and offices and be knowledgeable of regulations.
· Stay abreast of economic trends affecting Kentucky workforce.
· Become familiar with SACS policies and procedures.
· Be actively involved in those professional organizations assigned by the Director of Graduate and Professional Studies Enrollment Management to obtain useful information on significant developments and the latest trends and techniques in student recruitment and higher education marketing.
· Perform other assigned duties and take the initiative in helping other people and in promoting Campbellsville University.
· Manage resources wisely including travel/recruitment budget.
· Develop positive relations with Career Services Offices and Departmental Chairs of schools in the assigned recruitment area.
· Develop positive relations with businesses, pastors, youth ministers, and other staff for the assigned recruitment areas.
· Serve on committees as mandated by the position.
· It is the responsibility of each employee to perform assigned duties in a safe manner to prevent injury to oneself or others.
· Promptness and attendance are necessary and play a vital role in the overall performance of this university.
· Perform duties as requested by supervisor.
· Maintain accurate documents reflecting CU policies and procedures and adhere to all Campbellsville University policy and procedures.
· Working hours necessary to perform job requirements satisfactorily on a regular basis.
· Managing absences from work in responsible manner to ensure service to university faculty, staff and students.
· Complying with Campbellsville University policies and practices and seeking clarification of them when necessary.
· Honor the mission of Campbellsville University and abide by rules and regulations and Standards of Conduct outlined in the Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.
Campbellsville University, a comprehensive Christian institution offering undergraduate (associate and baccalaureate) and graduate (master's level) programs, stresses academic excellence solidly grounded in the liberal arts, personal growth, integrity, and fellowship within a caring environment. Affiliated with the Kentucky Baptist Convention, Campbellsville University is centrally located in the heart of Kentucky and has been listed in US News and World Report as one of “America’s Best Colleges” for 18 consecutive years. The University seeks to prepare students to enrich their own lives through lifelong learning, to contribute to their respective disciplines through continued scholarship, and to advance society as Christian servant leaders. An employee of Campbellsville University is expected to participate in the life of a local church in keeping with the spirit of the institutional mission statement and core values. The individual employee is expected to conduct him, or herself, both on campus and off, in a manner becoming an employee of a Christian institution, and the employee should uphold the highest standards of conduct in terms of honesty, truthfulness, respectful attitude, and conduct toward others. Each individual associated with Campbellsville University is to perform his or her daily responsibilities mindful of the intent of the institutional mission statement and core values.