· Have an exceptional commitment to Christian higher education.
· A background of active Southern Baptist Church participation is desirable.
· Have a minimum of a baccalaureate degree.
· Two years of recent college admissions, sales, telemarketing, and/or counseling experience are desirable.
· Have excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and uncomplicated manner.
· Have an outgoing, energetic, and enthusiastic personality, be a "self-starter," and maintain the highest standards of conduct, appearance, and attitude.
· Have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and the willingness to travel extensively.
· Plan and implement student recruitment programs and related activities assigned by the Vice President for Regional and Professional Education or his designee (VP). Participate actively in developing effective recruitment strategies.
· Be responsible for all recruiting activities within assigned geographical and special interest areas. Follow-up on all assigned prospective students and applicants to further develop their interest in the university.
· Evaluate all transcripts of new students seeking to transfer to Campbellsville University.
· Represent Campbellsville University during visits to or participation in high schools, colleges, churches, college fairs, college day/night programs, student conferences, financial aid workshops, and other appropriate meeting or events to recruit students, to provide useful information and assistance to prospective students and their parents, and to promote Campbellsville University.
· Encourage and facilitate campus visits by prospective students and applicants. Implement Campbellsville University’s admissions policies and procedures to properly handle such visits. Conduct or supervise campus tours.
· Prepare letters, newsletters, and other types of correspondence for prospective students and applications. Conduct telemarketing operations. Respond to mail and telephone inquiries. Visit prospective students and their parents, as appropriate.
· Interview students both on-and-off campus (and by telephone) and speak to student groups about properly selecting a college and gaining admission.
· Obtain student documentation needed by applicants to gain admission to the university. Implement university policies concerning new student admission in compliance with both highest professional and accrediting agency standards.
· Endeavor to develop and maintain a strong and effective working relationship between the Admissions Office personnel and the administration, staff, faculty, students, and alumni of Campbellsville University to strengthen recruitment and retention programs.
· Endeavor to develop and maintain a strong and effective working relationship between CU and KCTCS institutions.
· In cooperation with the Assistant to the Director, provide guidance and direction to and maintain quality control of assigned work-study personnel.
· Be actively involved in those professional organizations assigned by the VP to obtain useful information on significant developments and the latest trends and techniques in student recruitment and higher education marketing.
· Assure the flow of financial aid information to applicants requesting aid.
· Perform other assigned duties and take the initiative in helping other people and in promoting Campbellsville University (i.e. Student Ambassador Coordination, alumni, and development activities).
· Manage resources including travel/recruitment budget for assigned geographic area.
· Develop positive relations with guidance counselors and transfer officers within geographic assigned areas.
· Develop positive relations with pastors, youth ministers, and other church staff with geographic assigned areas.
· Serve on committees and community organization groups as mandated by the VP.
· Manage a recruiting territory and be responsible for students in the western region of Kentucky.
· It is the responsibility of each employee to perform assigned duties in a safe manner to prevent injury to oneself or others.
· Promptness and attendance are necessary and play a vital role in the overall performance of this university.
· Working hours necessary to perform job requirements satisfactorily on a regular basis.
· Managing absences from work in responsible manner to ensure service to university faculty, staff and students.
· Complying with Campbellsville University policies and practices and seeking clarification of them when necessary.
· Honor the mission of Campbellsville University and abide by rules and regulations and Standards of Conduct outlined in the Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.
Campbellsville University, a comprehensive Christian institution offering undergraduate (associate and baccalaureate) and graduate (master's level) programs, stresses academic excellence solidly grounded in the liberal arts, personal growth, integrity, and fellowship within a caring environment. Campbellsville University is centrally located in the heart of Kentucky and has been listed in US News and World Report as one of “America’s Best Colleges” for 18 consecutive years. The University seeks to prepare students to enrich their own lives through lifelong learning, to contribute to their respective disciplines through continued scholarship, and to advance society as Christian servant leaders. An employee of Campbellsville University is expected to participate in the life of a local church in keeping with the spirit of the institutional mission statement and core values. The individual employee is expected to conduct him, or herself, both on campus and off, in a manner becoming an employee of a Christian institution, and the employee should uphold the highest standards of conduct in terms of honesty, truthfulness, respectful attitude, and conduct toward others. Each individual associated with Campbellsville University is to perform his or her daily responsibilities mindful of the intent of the institutional mission statement and core values.