This position reports directly to the Dean of the School of Business and Economics with lateral collegial reporting to the director of the Louisville Education Center. Position is a full-time 100% FTE tenure-track position as a Business Professor.
In accord with Campbellsville University and a vision in keeping an emphasis on competency-based education this position provides direction to the Graduate Business (GB) program. Thus, skills and academic commitments require:
· Advanced verbal and written communication skills
· Advanced interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to effectively interact with the dean and department, other departments, faculty, employees, and students
· Advanced knowledge of Graduate Business programs
· Demonstrate creative and engaging teaching skills in higher education
- Participation in the overall design, development and implementation of the curriculum
- Recruit and advise prospective and current students
- Work collaboratively with the institution, Dean, and the GB professors in entrepreneurial methods
- Collaborate, organize and administer a new student orientation each student entry point within the program
- Produce reports relating to outcomes, maintain program data, teach assigned courses including developing and writing syllabi
- Encourage student engagement and participation with CU institutional events
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of assessment plan/s
- Continuously research the literature to ensure best practices are applied in all aspects of the academic process
- Prepare and submit annual program goals and outcomes; reports on the achievement of goals and outcomes; participates in the formulation and school program goals and outcomes
- Build, maintain and nurture an Advisory Council that can be spawned from the LEC’s Board of Visitors, including preparing meetings and agenda on an annual basis
- Engage students in professionalism and learning activities (i.e. professional conferences, international travel, professional memberships)
A doctorate degree in a field of business and at least two years of experience
· Demonstrated ability in teaching, course development, advising, academic program management in a Christian environment;
· Advanced skills in word processing, oral and written communication, and learning technology
· Demonstrated ability to function collegially in a team setting from a distance from the main campus and dean’s office.
· Ability to communicate and establish public relations with local community, state and national organizations
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Teach skills and theory courses
· Integrate culturally competent materials into coursework, with focus on issues related to contemporary business practices
· Maintain currency and depth of knowledge in graduate business programs and the responsibility in directing them.
· Participate and attend faculty workshops on pedagogy/andragogy
· Communicate subject matter clearly, correctly and effectively from current and historic evidence based perspectives.
· Adapt methodologies for students with cultural or special needs and different learning styles. This is especially critical in the area of serving international students.
· Use methods and materials appropriate to the subject matter
· Integrate the Christian tradition into the academic atmosphere and course content.
· Assume the role of primary graduate business advisor and assign student advisees to participating faculty.
· Help identify student needs
· Assume advising and assign advising to LEC business faculty in graduate and undergraduate programs.
· Support the advisement of business students toward correct academic paths and completion of programs
· Work with faculty to provide mentoring for students
· Monitor internship activities for both domestic and international students, ensuring that policies are in place to meet university and government regulations.
· Ensure that faculty advisors are keeping students in accord with SBE and university policies
· Maintain updated advising files on all advisees; maintain files on program server with back up in another secure device.
· Assist the LEC in recruitment of graduate and undergraduate students. Assist the dean and LEC director in the timely and accurate preparation and updating of program manuals, forms, and administrative procedures; submit changes as required to the university catalog and student handbooks
· Participate in scholarly presentations, research, and publications related to Marriage and Family practice
· Assist the dean by locating qualified and suitable adjunct faculty to supplement instructional schedule
· Maintain and provide current course syllabi as required by Campbellsville University
· Meet record keeping obligations on time (e.g., grades, rosters, textbook orders, graduation application/reports and requisitions, time cards)
· As defined by the institution, submit and maintain appropriate office hours and hours per week
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and initiative in solving problems
· Well-developed organizational skills; ability to work independently, manage and prioritize multiple tasks
· Become proficient in various computer skills including Jenzabar, Excel, MSWord and MOODLE
· Participate in church and community service
· Working hours necessary to perform job requirements satisfactorily on a regular basis.
· Managing absences from work in responsible manner to ensure service to university faculty, staff and students.
· Complying with Campbellsville University policies and practices and seeking clarification of them when necessary.
· Honor the mission of Campbellsville University and abide by rules and regulations and Standards of Conduct outlined in the Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.
Campbellsville University, a comprehensive Christian institution offering undergraduate (associate and baccalaureate) and graduate (master's level) programs, stresses academic excellence solidly grounded in the liberal arts, personal growth, integrity, and fellowship within a caring environment. Campbellsville University is centrally located in the heart of Kentucky and has been listed in US News and World Report as one of “America’s Best Colleges” for 18 consecutive years. The University seeks to prepare students to enrich their own lives through lifelong learning, to contribute to their respective disciplines through continued scholarship, and to advance society as Christian servant leaders. An employee of Campbellsville University is expected to participate in the life of a local church in keeping with the spirit of the institutional mission statement and core values. The individual employee is expected to conduct him, or herself, both on campus and off, in a manner becoming an employee of a Christian institution, and the employee should uphold the highest standards of conduct in terms of honesty, truthfulness, respectful attitude, and conduct toward others. Each individual associated with Campbellsville University is to perform his or her daily responsibilities mindful of the intent of the institutional mission statement and core values.