Campbellsville University’s Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Marriage and Family Ministry equips students to minister to the family as a whole across the generations, giving them a keen awareness of marriage and family issues in order to address spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs.
Graduates will be equipped to serve families within a variety of settings such as the local church and other para-church ministries, Christian and community care facilities, and the mission field.
Marriage and Family Ministry Degrees
To discover the knowledge and skills of family ministry, Campbellsville’s Marriage and Family Ministry Major (39 hrs) requires:
- 12 hours of biblical language study (B.A. only), which can incorporate Old Testament Hebrew, New Testament Greek, and an Approved Modern Language.
- 18-hour Christian Studies Core. This six-course
segment spans Spiritual Formation, Christian Theology, Art of Reading the Bible, Church History, a Christian Studies internship, and an upper-division Old or New Testament course.
- 15 hours of upper-division Marriage and Family Ministry courses
- 6 hours of interdisciplinary electives, which may be drawn from Education, Psychology, Sociology, and Social Work
Campbellsville also offers two further options in Marriage:
- Marriage and Family Ministry Area (57hrs), which includes the 18-hour CHS core, 15 hours of Marriage Ministries courses, 12 hours of Interdisciplinary Electives, and 12 hours additional Christian Studies courses;
- Marriage and Ministry Minor (27 hrs), which includes the 18-hour Christian Studies Core and 9 hours of upper-division Marriage and Family Ministry coursework.
- For the student who chooses the Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree, 12 hours of Biblical language study are required.
How to Apply
The Campbellsville application is online and easy to complete, get started today!
- Submit a complete application for admission form.
- Arrange for the office of admissions to receive an official and final high school transcript and an official ACT or SAT score report.
- If you have previous college credits, arrange for the office of admissions to receive an official transcript (containing a complete record of all courses attempted) from each college or university previously and currently attended. If transferring less than 24 credit hours, arrange for the office of admissions to receive an official and final high school transcript and an official ACT or SAT score report.
Careers in Marriage and Family Ministry
- Marriage and Family Minister
- Lead Pastor/Minister
- Marriage & Family Therapist
- Family Specialist
- Coordinator of Marriage and Family Ministries
- Spiritual Formation Pastor
- Director of Marriage and Family Life
- House Parent
- Direct Support Care Giver
- Youth Care Specialist
School of Theology
The Mission of the School of Theology is to Produce World Changers for Christ. We carry out this task with a wholehearted response of gratitude, worship, and stewardship to God as revealed in Jesus Christ.Learn More