Health and Physical Education
(With or Without Teacher Certification)
The Health and Physical Education bachelor’s degree is designed to develop knowledgeable teachers who are specialists in the areas of health and physical education.
- All Locations
Health and Physical Education Degrees
Students must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 in all university coursework for admission into the Teacher Education Program. He/she must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher in the professional education courses and 2.75 Major GPA with no grade less than a “C” for continuation into CAP 2. The Secondary Education Minor must be chosen for HPETE certification.
NASPE National Standards
- Standard 1 The physically literate individual demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement.
- Standard 2 The physically literate individual applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.
- Standard 3 The physically literate individual demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
- Standard 4 The physically literate individual exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
- Standard 5 The physically literate individual recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.
Careers in Health and Physical Education
- Physical/Health Education Teacher
- Activities Director
- Athletic Director/Trainer
- Camp Director
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist
- Cardiovascular Fitness Instructor
- College/University/High School Coach
- Community/Commercial Recreation Director
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Occupational Therapist/Assistant
- Physical Therapist/ Assistant