The Center for Global Engagement (CGE) offers an airport shuttle from the Louisville airport (SDF) on select days at the beginning and end of each semester.
If you would like to ride the shuttle, you must make reservations during the reservation period. Reservations cost $50, and all places will be reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please make your reservation after you have made your flight arrangements.
We encourage students who need a ride to campus to take advantage of this service. Individual rides will not be available.
- All flights should arrive at least 1 hour before the scheduled shuttle time.
- If you need to arrive the day before the shuttle, we recommend that you stay at the Tru Hotel at the Louisville airport. The shuttle will meet students who stayed overnight at the hotel after meeting students at the airport. (Ask us if we have arranged a special rate at this hotel).
- CGE staff will meet all students at the airport and/or the hotel.
- CGE staff will also meet new students on-campus when they arrive on the shuttle. University staff will be available to help you find your dorm and answer any questions you may have.
- CGE staff will meet you at Stapp Hall on the morning of your departure to check your reservations and help you load the bus.
- Please arrive at Stapp Hall 15 to 30 minutes before the bus is scheduled to leave.
Sign Up Now!
Fall 2022 Departures
- Friday, December 9 at 8 a.m.
- Saturday, December 10 at 8 a.m.
Reservation dates– October 17 to November 18
Spring 2023 Arrivals
- Friday, January 6 at 9 a.m. (Airport and select hotel)
- Friday, January 6 at 4 p.m.
- Saturday, January 7 at 9 a.m. (Airport and select hotel)
- Saturday, January 7 at 4 p.m.
Reservation dates– November 21 to December 19
Spring 2023 Departures
- Sunday, May 7 at 8 a.m.
- Monday, May 8 at 8 a.m.
Reservation dates– March 13 to April 21
If there are seats available following the reservation period, you may request to be added to the reservation list.
There will be an additional $25 fee for signing up after the deadline, and the cost of the reservation will be charged to your student account, $75 total.
If you need to request a late reservation email Kasey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Late reservations are not guaranteed.
Rescheduling, Cancellation, and Emergency Delays
- All riders will be allowed to reschedule their ticket 1 time, as long as the reschedule is requested at least 48 hours before the end of the purchase period and there is still room available on the requested shuttle.
- Additional reschedules will cost the student $25 per change.
- Students will not be allowed to reschedule after 48 hours before the end of the purchase period.
- If you cancel your ticket at least 48 hours before the end of the purchase period, CGE will refund half of your ticket price.
- If you cancel your ticket later than 48 hours before the end of the purchase period or do not show up at the shuttle pick-up, the ticket price will be non-refundable.
- If you are given special permission to reserve a seat after the deadline, your ticket will be non-refundable. (Reservations after the deadline are not guaranteed.)
Weather and Emergency Flight delays
- In cases of emergency flight delays, CGE will work with the impacted students as able.
- In order to receive emergency accommodations, students must contact the Director of Activities before the scheduled pick-up time.
- Please be aware that emergencies are outside of a student’s control and the best way to campus may be to take a taxi or other transportation service. In this circumstance, potential refunds will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
If you have questions about the shuttle service, contact Kasey at email@example.com