More Sources of Financial Aid

Federal & State Policies

Federal policy prohibits the University from over-awarding federal or state dollars.  Therefore, the University may adjust scholarship amounts if federal aid is involved in order to achieve the best possible aid package.

Federal Programs

Federal College Work-Study Program (FWSP)

The Federal College Work-Study program enables students who demonstrate financial need to work on campus or for other nonprofit organizations.  These part-time jobs are secured through the Office of Financial Aid.

Pell Grant

The Pell Grant program provides financial assistance of up to $5,350 per year for undergraduates.  The U.S. Department of Education uses a standardized formula to determine an applicant’s eligibility for this grant.

Perkins Loan

A Perkins Loan is a low interest (5%) loan made by the college’s Office of Financial Aid.  An eligible student may borrow $3,000 per year.  Repayment begins nine months after the student graduates, leaves school, or drops below half-time status.


PLUS Loans are for parent borrowers.  The PLUS Loan program enables parents to borrow an amount equal to the cost of education minus any financial aid.  The maximum interest is 9% for PLUS.

Stafford Student Loan

The Stafford Loan program enables students to secure loans from participating lenders at an interest rate that is capped at 8.25%.  A student may borrow $3,500 as a freshman, $4,500 as a sophomore, and $5,500 as a junior and/or senior.  Loan repayment begins six months after the student graduates, leaves school, or drops below half-time status.

Students are not required to demonstrate financial need to qualify for the unsubsidized Stafford Loan; however, they will be responsible for interest that accrues during and after school attendance.

Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

SEOG grants provide funds to students with exceptional financial need.  Priority in awarding SEOGs is given to students who receive Pell Grants.

Veterans Educational Benefits
Vocational Rehabilitation Grant

State Aid

Contact Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA) for more information on any of these programs.

Kentucky Tuition Grant (KTG)

KTGs currently provide up to $2,900 per year to qualifying Kentucky residents attending Kentucky’s independent colleges on a full-time basis.

College Access Program Grant (CAP)

The CAP Grant currently provides up to $1,900 per year to qualifying Kentucky residents attending Kentucky private colleges.  Students enrolled part-time are eligible to receive $79 per credit hour under this program.

Student Employment

Current students may enroll in Campbellsville’s Student Work Program to obtain financial aid in exchange for part-time work. These part-time positions are offered on campus or with affiliated nonprofit organizations. We encourage students to apply through the Office of Financial Aid.

To use our Online Financial Aid System, you must have an established record at Campbellsville. If you have been accepted to a particular university program, you can use the system here.