Resume and Job Interview Assistance
Resume Writing/ Cover Letter Resources
Career Services staff will be glad to assist you with building/editing your resume. By reviewing the website listed below, you should be able to begin your draft. This will provide Career Services a starting point for assisting you with your resume.
After creating a draft, email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to fine-tune your resume prior to submitting it for a job. Cover Letters also play a critical role in how you communicate your information to potential employers.
- Resume Lab— Excellent resume writing and career guide resources for college students .
- Best College Resumes — Learn what you need to get started…and how to develop the very best resume!
- Resume Examples by Industry — Check out these resume templates for a variety of industries.
- Sample Resume — An example resume so that you can see what a strong resume looks like “on paper” in preparing to develop your own resume.
- How to Make a Resume Stand Out — Youtube video by Linda Raynier
- Differences between CV & Resume
- The Reality of Cover Letters — Take a look at the reality of how a cover letter is actually viewed (and reviewed) from a hiring manager perspective.
- Using a Cover Letter — When and How to use a cover letter to catch HR’s attention.
- Sample Cover Letter — This is an example cover letter that you can use as a template for developing your personal cover letter.
- Cover Letter Sample for Higher Ed Jobs
- Cover Letter Do’s (Tips)
- Sample Letter of Reference
- The Very Best Way To Present Your References
RESUME TIPS and JOB Advice for IT/Technology Job Seekers:
- Writing Resume IT Professionals
- IT Resume samples
- Career Advice for Technology focus job seekers
- Resume tips for tech jobs
- Resume tips for new IT professionals
- IT Resume examples
- IT Resume samples
- Sample Resume for IT professionals
Job Interview Resources
Career Services would be happy to help you polish up your interview skills by having a mock interview with you. To schedule the mock interview just stop by our office at TTC 201 or email email@example.com.
- Interview Prep for New Grads
- Job Interview Tips for Recent Grads
- Job Interview Tips, Advice and Techniques
- 15 Toughest Interview Questions
- Tell Me About Yourself (video-clip) – A Good Answer to This Interview Question