What is an Internship?
Internships are valuable work experiences that increase your chances of being selected for full-time jobs. Internships are typically short-term work or service experiences related to the student’s major or career goals. An internship generally involves students working in professional settings under the supervision of practicing professionals.
Internships can be paid or unpaid, and the student may or may not receive academic credit for performing the internship. Once you find a company or organization that you are interested in that wants to hire you…contact your advisor or major professor to see if the internship qualifies for academic credit.
Interns are more likely to be hired by companies after graduation than someone with an education only. Internships are essential for young graduates with limited career experience! Click here to go to Nationwide Internship Resources.
Career, Job and Internship Fairs
Campbellsville University offers multiple Job and Career Fair opportunities each Spring and Fall — summer worker camp fair, on-campus regional career/job fairs and off-campus career fairs.
View upcoming career, job and internship fairs
CU Career Services does not validate the accuracy of job listings. The job opportunities shown on this website are compiled based on a variety of resources. Resources change rapidly and we do not and cannot guarantee that openings listed through this site are still available.
CU Career Services Center makes no representation or guarantee about positions listed and is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions or other aspects of employment. It is each individual’s responsibility to thoroughly research the integrity of each organization to which he or she is applying. As with any job posting/public forum, the applicant should take all care and caution and exercise due diligence when applying for or accepting any position
General Internship Resources
Arts and Entertainment
- Arts and Business Council of New York – Multicultural Arts Management Internship Program which places students, particularly those of African-American, Latino, Asian, or Native American descent, into paid arts management summer internships. Huge listing of potential placements in the New York area.
- Disney Internships – Disney internship jobs in all variety of fields and locations.
- Smithsonian Institute – More than 50 internship opportunities (in research, art, history, public affairs, and much more.
- Lexmark – Lexmark typically employs about 100 students throughout the year at our Lexington headquarters. Summer is Lexmark’s busiest time for student employment with co-ops, interns and academic year part time students. These numbers vary from year to year.
Computer Science and Math
- Audubon – The WINGS Internship Program aims to inspire lifelong stewardship of our environment and communities. Paid and unpaid Wings internships are offered in the areas of Education, Public Policy, Development, Science and Land Stewardship.
- Orion Grassroots – Environmental internships in administration, conservation, education, and research. (Select “internships”) Student Conservation Association– National and community conservation internships.
Government and Public Policy
- Central Intelligence Agency – CIA summer internship program.
- Mitch McConnell, Republican Leader, U.S. Senator for Kentucky – Senator McConnell’s intern program is open to any college student who is a resident of Kentucky.
- Internship with Congressman Comer – learn about the legislative process in D.C. or KY.
- Federal Internship Directory – THE place to find an internship with the federal government (updated weekly).
- Feminist Majority Foundation – Internships in human rights and social policy.
- The State of Kentucky – The following departments are available for internships: Communications, Policy and Legislative Affairs, Constituent Services, First Lady’s Projects, Lt. Governor’s Projects, Faith-Based Projects, Commission on Women, Minority Empowerment, Local Development, and Legal Counsel.
- CDS International, Inc. – Summer internships for students in Germany, Spain and Argentina.
- DAAD RISE Program – Research internships in Germany (in Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, Geology and Physics).
- InterExchange – Internship opportunities in a variety of career fields in Argentina, Chili and New Zealand.
- Unite For Sight – Unpaid international internships for pre-med students.
- US Department of State – Summer internships in foreign affairs in Washington, DC or abroad.
Journalism and Publishing
Science and Medical
- Team Work Online – Search for internships and sign up for email alerts in every major sport (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, Soccer, ATP Tours, Nascar and more)!
- Work in Sports – Make your passion your career. Work in sports!