The mission of the DIVISION of HUMAN PERFORMANCE is to develop students in a Christian atomosphere in the disciplines in Health & Physical Education With or Without Teaching, Sport Leadership and Sport Medicine. The course work required in each of these disciplines will professionally prepare students in their respective fields to be life long learners and servant leaders.
- HPE WITH OR WITHOUT TEACHING track offers Health & Physical Education Area. Many students from programs outside the state of Kentucky opt this route with completion of Teacher Education in their state of residency. Students choosing P-12 teaching certification in Health and Physical Education (HPETE) will follow the HPE Area program with the Secondary Education Minor. The lead professor is Dr. Rick Ferkel.
- SPORT LEADERSHIP track offers students the Sport Management Area program. Students following this program will complete 6 hours of Internship and have a portfolio component with graduation. The lead professor is Dr. Tom Bell. Minors offered in Sport Leadership include Athletic Coaching and Sport Management.
- SPORT MEDICINE track offers students the Exercise Science Area (Pre-Professional) for students wishing to pursue professional programs or graduate studies. Fitness and Wellness Specialist Area is for the student wishing to pursue careers in Sport Fitness or Corporate Wellness/Fitness.
- Athletic Coaching
- Athletic & Sport Facility Management
- Church & Community Recreation
- Corporate Fitness & Wellness
- Health & Physical Education P-12 Teaching
- Physician Assistant
- Physical Therapy
- Sport Broadcasting
- Sport Marketing & Promotion
- Sport Information
- Sport Fitness Trainer
- Sport Tourism
- Wellness Coach